I started to write a blog about 10 ways to avoid writing procrastination. But after spending a few minutes googling “how to avoid procrastination” I figured it was enough useful information available. Instead, I wanted to take a look at 10 ways someone can procrastinate forever. There’s no science behind this list instead I decided to go with the old noggin. This list is not in any type of order of severity. Nor is it an exclusive list so feel free to disagree or add ways you procrastinate instead of working on that best seller. The first step in any rehab program is admitting the issue.
1) Logging on to Facebook – How many times has going on Facebook just to update a status turn into liking tones of photos? Or a chat with a friend?
2) Browsing the internet for stuff you want – It all started with a search on Amazon…
3) Watching videos on YouTube – How many videos do you hate to love?
4) Learning the lyrics of your favorite song – I don’t know about you but I like to know at least a verse to my favorite song.
5) Playing a game – Candy Crush anyone?
6) Your phone – It’s just so many texts in need of a response and apps to explore.
7) Sleep – One can never get enough Zzz.
8) Eating – Deciding to be a chef in the kitchen instead of a writer at the desk.
9) Pictures – There’s a reason why ‘Selfie’ was named word of 2013 by Oxford Dictionaries.
10) Looking for something lost – The moment to write came and went the minute I realized I lost my…
Rashaun J. Allen is the author of A Walk Through Brooklyn & In The Moment. He has been featured in several publications such as: The Chronicle, The Troy Record, Albany Student Press & UA Magazine.